Friday, June 8, 2012

Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Caramelized Onions

We love making pizza at home.  The creations are endless and there is something about a homemade pizza that makes me smile.  Of course nothing compares to my favorite crust {Pizza Hut} but it’s still just as awesome.

We have made the classic pepperoni pizza, taco pizza, a family favorite buffalo chicken pizza, and now this one.  It’s another yummy one that I’m sure we’ll make fairly often.

june 2012 004

What do you need?

  • 1 can of pizza dough {or you can use a recipe you love}
  • 1 jar of your favorite garlic alfredo sauce {or again use a recipe you love}
  • 1 onion
  • 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup baby spinach, chopped

What do you do?

  1. Start by grilling your chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.  Once it’s done, slice into small slices.
  2. Caramelize your onion {slice into even slices}.  I did this by cooking over medium heat with a little bit of EVOO, a sprinkle or salt and a pinch of sugar.  It took FOREVER, but I think it’s because I had to much oil.  Oh well, live and learn. ;-)
  3. Get your dough ready. Some dough you have to prebake.  We use the Pillsbury thin crust, and it’s a 5 minute prebake.
  4. Add your sauce to the dough.  I just eyeballed it, but I probably used 1/2 to 1 cup.  I have plenty left over for another meal.
  5. Add your sliced chicken, spinach and caramelized onions. Top with cheese.
  6. Bake until cheese is bubbly and the edges of the crust are golden brown.  Just like any other pizza you make at home.

Enjoy!

No comments: