Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Decorating with Mirrors

I love mirrors!  Although I don’t have them all over my house, I do have at least one in most rooms.

I would however love to use more of them to decorate a wall with.

Here are some great decorating ideas with mirrors.

image

photo source

I just love the different shapes of the mirrors and love the idea of hanging some from a piece of molding.  What a statement that makes.

image

photo source

Tell me that those star mirrors are anything other then fabulous!  I just love those.

image

Lined up in a row!  These are just hung in a row, but I can see a shelf and them all sitting in a row on the shelf leaning against the wall.  Just be careful if they are leaning if you have kids.  I know they wouldn’t last in my house and we would have too many years to count of bad luck!

image

photo source

Oh for the love of round mirrors!  They sale mirrors like these at Target.  I have thought about getting them but unsure of exactly what to do.  Now I know!

image

photo source

Different sizes, different frames, it’s all a go!

image

photo source

I can see many of you doing this.  Y’all always seem to find shutters!  Well, here is something else to do with them.  Grab a mirror and frame it!

Do ya’ll decorate with mirrors?  I am going to do a wall somewhere in my house!

12 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

My favorite is the shutters...I love this! so many neat ways to show your home off...I am learning something new everyday....

Darlene said...

Those are some great ideas for mirrors.

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Love all those inspiration photos! And I LOVE decorating with mirrors! Here's a photo of my wall o' mirrors!

Carry Grace said...

I'm a big fan of mirrors. I really like the ones in the 3rd pic. I could see this in my house.

the undomesticated wife said...

All great ideas! Love the stars!

Unknown said...

I love em' too! They can make your room grow in sizes! Have a great one my dear!

Lamp Tramp said...

Wow, what great pictures for mirror insprations. I think I have one in almost every room, also. They are so easy and simple whereas art, pictures, whatever else is more difficult. So YAY for mirrors. Works for me!

Nichole said...

I just thought about it and realized the only mirrors we have in our place are in the bathroom. Hmm...I may have to change that!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love the mirrors! I am still thinking about how to reinvent mine...thanks for your ideas! :)
Carrie

Molly said...

I love the mirrors! I should use some and make my living area look a little bigger!

Courtney said...

i love mirrors too. I like the ones that are hanging in a line...and a the ones hanging from the molding. Great post! BTW, what part of Alabama are you from? I lived there till I got married. Just wondering :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

I just discovered your blog and hope you will come over for a visit. I am adding you to my blog roll as well.

Cheri
Its So Very Cheri