Who doesn’t love the peanut butter and chocolate combination? Reese’s peanut butter cups happen to be my favorite chocolate candy.
While Kelsie and Kayla spent the night away from home last weekend, I set out to make Mounds Brownies because Kelsie can’t have coconut. They were divine. But sadly Zack and I couldn’t finish them all before they got home. Kelsie was upset that we were enjoying something yummy that she couldn’t have. Of course, I then promised her I would make something that she could have and she chose something with peanut butter and chocolate. I first thought of peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, but then thought a blondie would be so much better. My decision was spot on, because these were a HUGE hit!
What do you need?
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
What do you do?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X9 pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter and both sugars.
- Add the eggs one at a time, combining.
- Add the vanilla.
- In another bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add this to your peanut butter mixture, until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into your baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes clean.
- Cool completely, cut into squares, and Enjoy!!