Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun, Functional Kids Playroom

I am so excited to get the opportunity to plan a playroom.  This room was once our den…so it’s already equipped with a tv and computer.  It just needs  a new color, some rearranging and toys!  There is already a great bookcase that I just love that is staying.  We will add other toys as necessary. 
Here are some pictures that I’m using as inspirations.
{click the photos to be taken to the source}
image
I love the chalk board walls in this room.  Although my kids won’t have an entire room full of chalk board paint.  They will have a very big magnetic/chalk board to create masterpieces upon.
image
I love the idea of having a place to display art work.  Between all the art they do here at the house and then the stuff that comes home from school, I have a feeling we will need a bigger place to display it.  What better way then to use their playroom!
image
Seating.  I love the small table with chairs and stool for a place to play games, do puzzles, painting and coloring!    Plus it’s fun! 
These are some great ideas that I plan on incorporating in the playroom.  We have already decided on a paint color, it’s blue.  Both girls want blue, so as long as I choose a shade that blends well with the green in the dining/living room we’re good! 
I will have several projects planned out, from the window treatments, which I plan on making out of placemats or scrapbook paper to the lamp shade that will need a new look.  Plus the chalk/magnetic board.  
Ok.  So I am ready to get this furniture out of here!  *smiles*

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Ooh, I love the green and red room. I've seen that one before and it is just lovely. Have fun creating your new space.

Molly said...

Love the chalkboard! That will be great to have a magnetic wall. Can't wait to see your finished product!

Heatherlyn said...

How fun! Post pictures when you are done!

Unknown said...

You have some great ideas going on here. Ii cant wait to see what you come up with!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

Oh that is awesome. I am doing the chalkboard section in the toddlers room!

I want to see how you are doing yours!

When are you starting on it?

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Those are gorgeous rooms! I wish we had room for a playroom.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Playrooms are so much fun to design! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Those are great inspiration photos. My favorite is the red and green. That's SO me!

~Misti

Unknown said...

Hi girlie! Just wanted you to know you are up and ready! Thanks! Susie~