Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hash brown Casserole – What’s for Dinner Thursday

Sometimes you just want a comfort meal for dinner and that is when I fix hash brown casserole.
february 2010 009
What do you need?
  • 2 lb frozen hash brown potatoes {thawed}
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 cups cheese, grated
  • 1/2 bag potato chips, crushed
  • 2 tbsp melted butter
What do you do?
  1. Sautee the onions.
  2. Mix together the soup, salt, pepper and sour cream together in a bowl until well blended.
  3. Add the hash brown potatoes and onions, stir to coat.
  4. Pour into a 13X9 inch casserole dish.
  5. Pour cheese on top of the potatoes and then add the crushed chips.
  6. Drizzle butter over the chips, bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Nothing like comfort food. Love your new header!

Darlene said...

Oh there is nothing better than Hashbrown Casserole and yours sounds delicious!!

Heatherlyn said...

Yum! I love a good hashbrown casserole. I think it is one of the ultimate comfort foods!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh I love this dish also...I don't fix it often enough...sounds like I will have to this weekend.

Unknown said...

This dish would be great for a potluck.

T.J. said...

HI! I followed over to here from Darlene's blog. I saw you had posted this recipe and was curious- I have one very similar and it is out of this world!! Glad to see there is someone else who offers up comfort food hashbrown casseroles for dinner ;)