Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Disgusting Repetition

It seems that when I slide and have a bad week, it continues without any remorse by me until it’s almost too late.  That is what has happened.
Thursday I posted my New Year New Me Update and I had a bad week.  I didn’t work out but 3 times in 7 days and on top of that I had eaten my weight in junk.  Thankfully, I didn’t gain anything and stayed the same.  That will be the only plus to that update. 
Now here I am on Sunday and I can honestly say I’ve continued the same pattern.  I haven’t worked out since Tuesday!!  That’s horrible.  Really horrible.  And you know something I am not even going to think about looking at the scale.  I think I have gained at least a pound.  It seems all my hard work for the past 10 weeks is headed in the wrong direction. 
I have got to get back on track fast.  I have eaten cookies, chips, candy, etc today.  Not to mention I haven’t had a glass of water in about 2 days.  I have been drinking sweet tea again.  Now, I know that in order to succeed that I can’t restrict any one food, and I haven’t.  However, I can’t be pigging out like I am.  In the past 10 weeks I had learned one cookie was satisfying and that one glass of sweet tea every few days was plenty.  What happened??!
Food is like a drug.  It’s as soon as I get a taste more than I should give myself, I can’t get enough after that. 
I am headed into the den in just a few minutes and I’m going to workout!!  I’m going to make up for some of this junk I’ve eaten today.  Make it right and change my habits all over again. 
I CAN DO THIS!!

1 comment:

Kelli W said...

I do the same thing! I get off track and then it seems like why should it matter if we eat pizza for dinner if we already had pancakes for breakfast:) I am trying to start fresh today with diet and exercise and hopefully it will stick around for a while! Good luck!