Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Things Are Working

I’ve told y’all twice about Kayla and our battle with her attitude and back talking, once in our mother to daughter talk and then again in how she tries my patience.  And I am happy to say that things are going good.

We had one episode over New Years with some face making because she didn’t get her way, but other than that things have been going good.

I am hoping that she continues working on her attitude and back talking.  Because, I know that my sanity can’t take it!  She is trying hard and I know it’s a battle.  Heck, she is a mini me at that age, only I do believe she is worse.  And I don’t believe that I ever controlled mine all that much.  Maybe that’s why I got in trouble so much. 

We take the tv away from time to time for a 24 hour period and that 24 hour time out seems to work better than a whole weeks worth of grounding.  Not sure why, but it just does.  It seems to be the whole next day start over, fresh start thing.  Which, if minimal punishment is going to work, more power to it!

She has also picked up another chore around the house, so it could be the more responsibility that we’ve instilled in her.  She is now emptying the dish washer, folding clothes and some other minor whatever we may need done.  I know at her age the only chore that I was required to do was to put my dirty clothes in the dirty clothes hamper.  Yea, I know, I had it lucky.  But with the way I acted, it could have had something to do with that. 

Anyways, I’m just glad that things are going smoothly right now.  I am thanking God for that.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh my...I JUST had a both with both of my kids about behavior. Parenting is so rewarding and so hard at the same time. I pray my Kayla continues to shine that beautiful personality that she has.