Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Year New Me, Update

Yay me, for updating two times now!  Wonder how longer I can keep this up?  I usually have already fallen off the workout wagon by now. This will be the third straight week of working out. 
So for this week…..
Thursday – 500 Calories
Friday – 500 Calories
Saturday – Didn’t work out
Sunday – 700 calories {felt guilty for not working out on Saturday}
Monday – 500 Calories
Tuesday – 500 Calories
Wednesday – 500 Calories
Yeah, I guess I am going for 500 every day because like I mentioned in my last New Year New Me update, I am super competitive so I felt like I needed to keep up what I was doing.  I can’t slack off! Plus with the setting of 5 on the elliptical it’s really hard not to get there.  30 minutes and the intensity goes up to 8, it’s tough but feels SO good afterwards!   I usually only have to kick it up to 7 and go for about 5 to 8 more minutes to hit 500. 
I have been eating fairly good.  Snacks consist of Nature Valley granola bars, which by the way if you need a chocolate fix the Dark Chocolate Oat is delicious! String cheese, pineapple chunks {fresh not canned}, bananas {utterly obsessed at the moment}, apple and peanut butter or my new personal after workout favorite Dark Chocolate Silk Almond milk. YUM!  For dinner I really do just eat whatever we are having.  I lived on chili all last weekend because I made a huge pot and then ate it for lunch and dinner for two days.  It was SO good!  Not sure on the calories but with all the tomato sauce and beans, I am fairly sure it’s good for me.
I’m still not drinking enough water, I really should increase it, by a lot! 
  As of this week, I’ve lost a total of 4.4lbs.  That’s about 1.4lbs a week.  Slow losing is better for you, right?!  {at least that’s what I keep telling myself} 
I’m not working out today because I just don’t feel like it.  You know your body always tells you when to take a break, and mine is sorta screaming at me.  I am achy all over and my throat is sorta sore.  I think I just need to take it easy this afternoon and that’s what I plan on doing.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

You are working it girlfriend...I'm so excited for you! I'm going to try and do Zumba on Saturday...pray for me.