Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year, New Me Update

Ok, so I told y’all I was going to update the blog with this whole new healthy living thing and that is what I am doing.  I’m surprised I actually did it!
So I have done great, nothing but water and two cups of coffee in the morning which I use raw sugar in.  Yay!  I could be drinking more water but I don’t want to push it.  I think I consume most of it while working out. 
I have been watching portions like a crazy woman.  I even ate a normal size portion of mac & cheese!  I am so proud!!  Seriously.  I had Pizza Hut on Sunday and had one piece.  I made a huge salad to go with it to help fill me up.  It worked.
I have ate breakfast every single day.  Either Kashi Go Lean Crunch or a multi grain waffle with strawberry cream cheese.  Hmmm..I have ate lot’s of tuna salad sandwich’s.  I mix a bit of Ranch and Emeril’s Bam hamburger seasoning and it’s SOOOOO good.  {that seasoning is good on lot’s of stuff}
Hmmm..I have worked out every day but Sunday.  I hit up the elliptical all days but Saturday and I decided to do Just Dance on the Wii with Zack and the girls.  I had a major sweat going in about 20 minutes time.  Not sure how many calories I burned but the point is I had my heart rate up. 
Thursday – 379 calories {30 minutes}
Friday – 378 calories {30 minutes}
Monday – 475 calories {38 minutes}
Tuesday – 479 calories {40 minutes}
Wednesday – 500 calories {45 minutes}
When I am working out I love watching TBS.  The reason is I work out at 3:30 in the afternoon, after I go and get Kayla from school.  Thing is, is that all my favorite fun shows are on.
I did feel guilty on Wednesday.  It was a little girls birthday in our class and I caved and had a cupcake.  OH-MY!  It was pure bliss.  I literally inhaled it.  The scent alone, I know I gained 1/2 a pound from.  Seriously.  However, I vowed to make at least 500 calories on the elliptical to make up for it.  Which I did.  I just bumped up the resistance to 7 and then 8 after the pre-programmed workout was over.  Wow, the calories really fly when you up the resistance.  I like it! 
But…..there is a down fall here.  I am VERY competitive.  I want to make sure that I top my day before calorie burn.  Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but I am worried I won’t be able to keep up the 400’s and 500 calorie burn.  It’s a lot of work!
Since I started all of this last Monday {the 3rd} I have lost 2.4 pounds.  Not that I am working for weight loss, but I am NOT going to complain about weight loss.  I just have a goal for a healthier me and I know that I’m overweight so losing weight is a plus!  It’s just not gonna melt off quickly like it did when I was a part of the Spring Fitness Challenge because I’m basically not working out twice a day and eating minimally. Which isn’t a healthy thing to do.

2 comments:

Kelli W said...

It sounds like you are doing great being healthy! We have been doing a cleanse this week and I have lost almost 7 pounds:) I have been exercising every day too which I'm sure helps with weight loss.

Kelli said...

You are going such a great job!!! You are really inspiring me to do something. Keep it up.