Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Home Made Brownies…You make me feel so La la la la la

I was having a craving the other night.  I really wanted to make this apple butterscotch chip thing I’ve made before, but the recipe just took far too long.  And I wanted some instant gratification.  Y’all know what I’m saying?

Well, I decided brownies don’t take that long and I have all the stuff to make them; eggs, cocoa, sugar, flour, and vanilla, so I got in the kitchen and whipped them up.  And then when they came out, I waited, but not that long and cut into them and all I could hear was that song by Cobra Starship…

“You make me feel so
La la la la la”

So I thought I want everybody to hear that song while eating their brownies!  And I decided to share the recipe.  Oh and btw, since we aren’t watching our weight or anything, why not make frosting to go on top.  Yea, I know! :-)  Your hips won’t thank me.

march-april 2013 002

What do you need?

brownies:

  • 1 2/3 C sugar
  • 3/4 C butter {melted}
  • 2 T water
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/3 C self rising flour
  • 3/4 C baking cocoa
  • chopped nuts {optional}

frosting:

  • 3 C powdered sugar
  • 2/3 C baking cocoa
  • almond milk {or reg milk, we just happened to have almond milk}

What do you do?

brownies:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 13X9 inch baking pan.
  2. Combine sugar, butter, and water in large bowl.  Stir in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour until smooth.  No lumps. If you have chopped nuts, mix them in now.
  3. Pour into your greased baking pan and bake at 18 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

frosting:

  1. Mix together the powered sugar and cocoa powder until combined.  Slowly add in a tablespoon of almond milk {milk} at a time until you get a smooth pourable consistency.  And no worries, if you add too much milk you can always add a bit more powdered sugar until you get the consistency you need.   
  2. Frost the brownies once they are completely cooled.

{recipe was adapted from the Nestle Toll House Cocoa box}

No comments: