Monday, January 7, 2013

2 Weeks Later and it’s Monday

We went back to school and work today after being out for two weeks.  While I enjoyed every single second of staying up late, sleeping in, staying in my pajamas all day, and having no place to get ready to go, I wished we would have went back last Thursday.  Or this coming Thursday.  Either way.  I just think it would have been easier to adjust after being out of whack for two weeks.

I struggled on Friday night, trying so hard to get back into going to bed at a decent time so that I could get up Saturday decent, Sunday decent, and then this morning wouldn’t be so bad.  Well Friday night ended up being hellacious!  I went to bed reading my Kindle, as I do most nights, and by 11:30, I kicked Zack out to play his video game and I was thinking I’d fall to sleep within the next little while.  Well I did, but then woke up.  Repeat cycle until almost 2am when I got up and went to get Charlie from Zack, hoping maybe he’d help me sleep more sound.  At 3am, I awoke again, but this time in tears.  I was SO tired, SO give out and I just couldn’t wrap my mind about not being able to sleep.  I got up at 10 on Saturday and feeling like poo most of the day/afternoon/evening Zack’s family came over for tacos and to bring over Courageous for us to watch.  AWESOME movie, if you haven’t seen it.  Makes you really think about the amount of time you have here with your family. 

Anyways.  Then last night rolled around and I think I was trying to hard to feel sleepy that I was about to give up, but then sleep took over me and it was wonderful, until I began waking up a few times in the wee morning hours.  Ugh.

Tonight is left over chili with crackers and hoping to wind down early tonight.  See if we had gone back on a Thursday I’d only have to make it through tomorrow until having a whole two days to rest up and give over my lack of sleep!

No comments: