Thursday, May 17, 2012

Planning Kayla’s 13th Birthday Party

Kayla will be 13 in just a few weeks and we decided to have her party early this year, since her birthday falls so close to the end of school.  {which makes it hard for friends to come, for some reason or another}

I of course have been looking on Pinterest high and low, checking out various themes and asking her which ones she liked.  She ended up going with a camping theme.  Which, I’m thankful for, because for one it means no pool party {she’s had more than a few of those} and it means it’s going to be easy to decorate and plan for. 

Her party is set for this Saturday afternoon and I don’t think I’ve ever seen her more thrilled.  13 is a big milestone and she’s so happy to officially be a teenager.  {Lord, help me now!}

Her colors are turquoise and lime green with a black and white chevron pattern and pink accents.  The menu is pretty simple.  Camp fire tacos, smore’s galore, fruit kabobs, cake, and make your own trail mix, which will be the take home goody bag. 

may 2012 009

{this is just part of the stuff ;-)}

The cake is being made by the administrative assistant at the school I work for.  Her cakes are out of this world moist and yummy!  I have NEVER had a better cake.  Seriously.  I am hands down a complete icing girl, but I could eat her cake without the icing!  For real.  Anyways. Kayla looked through some photos online and chose a look for her cake based on two cakes and I can’t wait to see how it turns out.  She also chose a lemon flavor since they will be snacking on plenty of chocolate, with the smore’s and all. 

I love how her invitations turned out.  I made them in Photoshop.

Kayla's 13th camping birthday invite copy blog

Camp Kayla – this weekend!  Can’t wait to show y’all all the pictures afterwards!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

That party is going to be wonderful. I know Miss Kayla has to be thrilled. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Miller Racing Family said...

Sounds like a fun party. Love the color choice. I love pintrest. I think you can find anything on there. Can't wait to see the photos.