Monday, October 10, 2011

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

One reason I love working for the school system…I get Columbus Day and all those other holidays off. 

Saturday evenings beautiful sky.  It’s grainy because I have no idea why.  I thought I had it on the right setting but apparently not. 

october 2011 001

Woke up to rain this morning and thought how awesome it would be to own a pair of rain boots so that when it rains I can go somewhere just to where them.

Did y’all read how Orville Redenbacher almost burned down my house? {not really but it sounds better to say it that way}  Apparently others have had this problem too, so I'm not alone.   I suggested in an email to my niece that we protest outside of Kenmore demanding them to remove the popcorn button and angry mob them and demand 10% of their microwave sales.  Hypothetically speaking, of course.

I have become slightly obsessed with The Bloggess.  I am up to like page 50 of reading her blog.  She’s hysterical, but Zack doesn’t think so.  But after posting about the 5 foot chicken on Facebook over the weekend, a couple of others said their husband didn’t find it funny either and I decided men must have a weird sense of humor.  You seriously have to read the chicken story.  It will make you laugh out loud and it will definitely lift your spirits.  I must warn you though, her language is just about as bad as most rated R movies. 

We played so many games of Uno and Scrabble this weekend.  We had tons of fun though.  Kelsie is fairly decent at Scrabble.  She suggests some great words too. 

october 2011 001

Apparently if you lay down to play Uno, you can think so much better and your most likely to win a whole bunch. :)

october 2011 006

We watched Tron last night.  Zack and Kayla thought it was the best movie ever.  Me, eh, not so much.  It was good but not so good that I’d want to watch it again.  I wanted to watch the Sorcerer's Apprentice but I was out voted.   I did see the Green Hornet yesterday afternoon and it was quite hilarious. 

So that has been my long weekend.  Today is going to be the most exciting though…I’m doing laundry!

4 comments:

carissa said...

i agree on the popcorn thing. i never use the button anymore because it never works right. argh. what a pretty sky! enjoy this day off.

Miller Racing Family said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend. That sky photo is so pretty, I love the shades of pink. I haven't read the chicken story so I will have to check it out.
Have a great week!

Kelli said...

Aren't long weekends great!!! That sky is gorgeous. Scrabble always makes me think of you and Florida...oh how we miss Destin. I had to laugh about you protesting the popcorn button...that's hilarious.

Kelli W said...

We just watched all three of those movies and I think I feel asleep during all of them:) We did watch the older Tron though.