Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Frog Family…Maybe my Frog Phobia is going Away!

If you’re a friend or family member of mine or a frequenter of my blog, then you know I have a phobia of frogs.  The phobia started when I was about in 7th or 8th grade and it’s continued up, I believe until now. 
We went to the pool yesterday and low and behold, who likes to hang out close to water and in the shade?  If you guessed frogs, you’d be correct.
We hadn’t been out at the pool for over a week.  It rained all last week/weekend every.single.day.  Well I noticed that one of the lounge floats no longer had air in it.  I was going to get it and throw it in the garbage.  As I was moving floats around to get to it….this guy/gal was hanging out.
july 2011 010
Instead of running and screaming and hyperventilating, like I normally would, I took a picture.  I decided though that I could not move it, because I didn’t necessarily want to touch it.
It stayed around the general area it was in while we were enjoying the pool.  Every little while he’d move around and get settled and move again.  I guess I really messed the home all up.
I told Zack about it and ask him after he came home from work if he would move him to the front yard so that we don’t run into him again.  Zack went out and then came to the back door banging on it.  The girls and I went to see what the commotion was about and he had this in his hands.
july 2011 011
He had found it near a pair of goggles that had filled full of water, right near that yellow float.  He also said that there were two frogs and not just that one that the girls and I had seen.  A whole family had moved in last week.  Needless to say that we cut their lease short and sent them to the front yard to live. 

3 comments:

Kelli W said...

Ekkk! I hate those little things! They love our backyard for some reason and they always sit on the window in our kitchen!

Miller Racing Family said...

We had a little frog family at our house this year as well. I think Trey tried to catch each one of them. Love the first photo, I am so proud of you, thanks for capturing the moment.
Blessings!

Kelli said...

Eeekk...I would have been running away and screaming like a girl.