Friday, April 1, 2011

Our Disney World Vacation Part 5 {the last day}

On day five we went to Animal Kingdom.  Now I can honestly say that we woke up entirely too early for the EMH’s here, but it was well worth it.  We made a b-line for Expedition Everest and grabbed our Fast Passes and hopped on and rode it with less than a 5 minute wait.  We wanted to ensure ourselves that we’d get to ride again before we left.  This was the reason we grabbed Fast Passes for later.  Kelsie was finally tall enough to ride the “Eddie” ride as she called it.  Eddie as it Yeti. ;-)  It’s the big roller coaster here that everybody seems to want to ride.  She LOVED it!
disney 2011 178
I was shocked that she never held on once.  I am the kind of person that loves roller coasters but I hold on for my dear life while riding them. 
We then went over to Dinosaur which is a really fun ride that we rode over and over last year.  We grabbed Fast Passes for it as well {for later} but found out that the whole time we were there the wait was never longer than 10 minutes.  I don’t think we’ll grab then again for that ride.
We rode the Safari while it was still early.  I think the park was just opening for everybody else as we were riding.  All the animals were out and on the prowl.  It was awesome!  I suggest trying to get the very last row of seats because this ensures the best photo opportunities. {in my opinion}  You can turn around as your riding off and take pictures without worrying about heads being in your way.
We rode the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch where we saw snakes and all sorts of bugs.  Plus we got to meet the old baboon himself! :-)  Loved him on Lion King!!
disney 2011 199
After there we rode Expedition Everest again with our Fast Passes and then Zack and Kelsie rode it as soon as they come off because the wait was less than 10 minutes. 
We ate lunch at Animal Kingdom and it was fabulous!  I’ll have that info on our family’s dining guide. {next Disney post}
We left here and went back to our room for naps.  Since this was our last night and Magic Kingdom wasn’t closing until 1am that night we were planning on heading back there.  Which we did.  We watched the nightly fireworks show and the Memories and Me show.  This show is projected onto the castle that is the most unique thing I’ve ever seen.  It was really spectacular. 
I wanted to show y’all a video of what I filmed.  However, I filmed it with my camera sideways so I have got to find a program that will allow me to flip the video upright.  As soon as I do, I will share it. 
I wanted to show y’all the awesome part of the show were Tinkerbell…yes, y’all a real live person “flies” from the castle tower to Tomorrow Land.  And that’s a pretty far distance if you know what I’m talking about.  She’s lit up and everything.  It was the highlight of the night! 
if you look at the tower you can see the rope where Tink “flies” from
disney 2011 275
**A tip on getting a terrific spot….you want to be in front of the castle on the curb located facing main street.  You want to be there at least an hour prior to the start of the parade.  This will ensure the best seats for the parade and then you can just turn around and keep your seats to watch the show on the castle and fireworks.  This is what we did and it was perfect, except for the crowds and crowds of people!!  Just take an extra dose of patients with you before you sit down because it can be frustrating at times.  We deemed this time at Disney where the “magic” doesn’t exist. 
We were able to ride so much in the few hours from after that show until we left at almost midnight.  We had such a wonderful evening and plan on always leaving Disney by watching the parade and fireworks like we did that night.
If your interested in seeing all the other Disney posts that I have written, just click here.

2 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

We really enjoyed Animal Kingdom. The kids didn't want to ride Expedition Everest (Layla wasnt even 3 yet, so Blake was 5?), and we didn't ride Dinosaur either. Or the white water rafting type one (it was cold that day!). But we enjoyed it. We'll have to go back again one day.

Miller Racing Family said...

What an amazing vacation. Again thank you for taking us along. The first photo was my favorite, her smile is just priceless!
Blessings!