With the weather warming up outside I like to eat lighter snacks. When I’m not munching on fruit, ok, so I’m actually munching on bananas or raisins and peanut butter ;-) but that’s fruit, well at least partly….Back to what I was saying….I like to eat chips and dip. Not just any chips and dip but tortilla chips and Guacamole! And honestly, when it comes to guac, home made is the only way to go!
Here is our family’s version:
What do you need?
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sour cream or enough to create a creamy texture
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1-3 teaspoons diced jalapeño pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
What do you do?
- Mix together all ingredients and chill for a couple of hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, etc.