Friday, April 8, 2011

Broccoli, Chicken and Cheese Bake

Going along with changing up our bi-weekly menus I ran across this recipe in one of my mothers cookbooks.  This was really easy to make.  However, after eating it, I discovered it’s not diet friendly.  The “breading” is too much.  Next time I make this I plan on doing more of a cracker crumb topping with shredded cheese.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s delicious but too much breading.

april 2011 005

What do you need?

  • 1 10oz package frozen broccoli
  • 3 C shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 C cut up cooked chicken
  • 2/3 C chopped onion
  • 1 1/3 C milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 C Bisquick Mix
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp pepper

What do you do?

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease pie plate (10X1 1/2 inches}. {I used a 9X9 brownie pan}
  2. Rinse broccoli under running water to thaw; drain.
  3. Mix broccoli, 2 cups cheese, chicken and onions in large bowl.  Pour into baking dish.
  4. Beat milk, eggs, Bisquick, salt and pepper until smooth.  Pour over chicken mixture.
  5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes {I had to bake mine for 40 minutes}. Top with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.

2 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

Another fabulous recipe. We aren't big on broccoli but I think this would be worth a try.
Blessings!

Lori said...

YUMMY! May have to forgo the diet to try this!