Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello Monday!

Weekend, you treated us well.  We had fabulous weather in order to get things done outside.  I got my flowers planted around the birdbath in the front yard. I painted the wicker couch for the front porch. {she was in desperate need of a facelift} She sports a new coat of cappuccino by Valspar.  Valspar is my brand of choice when it comes to spray paint!

 april 2011 010

Zack mulched around all my new azaleas that we planted a couple of weekends ago and he leveled out the ground for the kids new swing set. 

Kayla went to school on Saturday for half a day to study for the FCAT this week.  She then spent the night at her friends house and they went to the bay to play in the water.

We had our own water fun. ;-) On Saturday Kelsie played in the water toy the girls have, called Mt. Tiki and then on Sunday I pulled out Kayla’s old lady bug sand box, scrubbed it down, filled it up with water and wahlah…a kiddie pool!  Which was perfect for the hot temperatures we were experiencing.  Not to mention the fact that the sun was perfect for giving sun burns.  Nope, not Kelsie.  I put sunscreen on her, thankfully.  Zack and I on the other hand {and Kayla} all got burned.  So we turned to our favorite sunburn relief lotion.  We found this a couple of years ago at Winn Dixie and will not buy anything else.  We never ever peel, it smells amazing, it’s not sticky and feels oh so amazing on the burn. {and no it’s not new as it says, they did however change the design and we can only find this at Winn Dixie}

april 2011 008

We had two fabulous, out of this world dinners that I can’t wait to share with y’all!  One was more for breakfast but we had it for dinner on Saturday night and left overs for Sunday’s breakfast.  The other was a crock pot wonder. :-)

I read some of my new book whenever I had the chance.  I’m only in chapter 3 but I see where this is going to help me out a lot.  I will the the first to admit that I have an anger problem.  I just blow up.  I have always blamed my bad temper on it being hereditary.  But I am now taking my own responsibility.

april 2011 009

I used a lot of this new hand lotion that is perfect for dry cracked hands.  I wash my hands a lot.  I work in a germ breeding ground, a pre k class room!  So I am always washing and using hand sanitizer.  My hands are just yucky feeling.  We ran across this lotion a couple of months ago and we will be buying it forever!  It’s a little pricey, about $6 for a smaller size tube, but it’s oh so worth it.  I promise!

april 2011 012

And last but not least I am in love with this….

april 2011 011

I started using this whole lip staining marker concept a year or so ago or whenever CoverGirl put it out.  Well I was finally out on Friday night and we went to Target to pick more up.  Well, if you’ve ever bought it you know it’s like $8.  Well…I saw this by NYC and for $4 and some change I decided to give it a try…well it’s awesome!  In all honesty I think it may actually stay on longer than the CG brand. 

5 comments:

Lori said...

YAY I love your entire list :) Can you believe we don't have a Winn Dixie? (Pouts) I am going to buy that book for my hubby. and I am in major need of lotion for my hands!

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, sounds like a great weekend. I am just now starting in the world of spray paint. I have done a few garden chairs and I am proud to say they are turning out great. The book looks really good I can't wait to hear your review.
Hope you have a great week!

Kelli W said...

I'll have to check out that lip stain...sounds cool! Yay for spraypainting weather! I have a few things that could use some sprucing up too:)

Kelli said...

Looks like a great and productive weekend! I need to try that hand cream because my hands are always dry. I can't wait to see the recipes that you're going to share...I love your food. I also need to look into that book. You'll have to let us know how you like it once you're finished.

Kay said...

Love all your comments! PS...I'm hungry :(