Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Morning Bullets

I felt like posting but there are so many things I wanted to cover that I decided to go the bulleted way.

  • Kelsie’s sick.  She has been having a stuffy nose for a couple of days now but she woke up this morning coughing like a seal.  We are giving her meds and she had a breathing treatment about 30 minutes ago and sounding much better.  Thankfully we are out of school tomorrow so she nor I will have to miss a day.  Hopefully she’ll be well enough by Tuesday to go to school.
  • We went to Carter’s yesterday and I got Kelsie 3 new outfits, 3 new pairs of pj’s, a shirt and then stuff {a pair of jeans and 3 shirts} that’s a size 6 for next fall/winter.  I spent more than I should have but everything is SO cute!  I couldn’t resist.  Plus we love Carter’s!
  • We grabbed some Jack Daniels pulled chicken from Sam’s for dinner and let me just say that it was delicious!  Best sauce I’ve ever had.  We’ll have to do the pulled pork next time.
  • I can’t believe that we only have one more week left of January after this coming week.  It’s crazy how time flies.  Before we know it, it will be time for our Disney trip! {59 days away}
  • I am SO proud of Kayla.  She brought home her report card this week and had A/B honor roll.  All A’s and one B!  She makes me so proud. 
  • Family stinks!  Well not all family, but at least a few of the family members.  First we weren’t invited for Christmas dinner to Zack’s brothers house and now we weren’t invited to their baby’s dedication.  Sure it was in Georgia and Zack said “we’ll they didn’t invite us because it was out of town”.  First off, even if that is the case, you should always invite the family regardless.  However, since it was a long weekend and the town is an hour and a half away from Savannah, we would have went.  We would have just spent the weekend in Savannah besides going to the dedication.  But whatever.  It’s the same witchy sister n law that seems to think the world revolves around her and her baby.  It used to revolve around just her but now it’s the baby too.  I have so many posts in my drafts where I have fussed about her and everything she has done or didn’t do.  All of this has just made it an easier decision for us to move to Alabama. (4 years!!)
  • Zack is outside today working on our privacy fence.  We have new neighbors and I told Zack that I really wanted the fence down that side finished.  The one plus about the new neighbors is they have a 10 year old daughter!  Kayla can make a new friend out of it!
  • Tonight we’re having chili because it will be good and warm for Kelsie and it’s easy and taste SO good!
  • I am an every day weigher, meaning I’m obsessive when it comes to the scale and have to step on it every morning.  I was disappointed this morning because I weighed 1.6 pounds more than yesterday.  Now I know your weight fluciates but isn’t it funny that I didn’t work out yesterday and had part of Zack’s Mtn. Dew and I had a white bun with my pulled chicken last night….wonder if all that didn’t have something to do with it.  Hmmm.  Just makes you wonder. 
  • Thankful we are out of work/school tomorrow. I love long weekends!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Whoo hoo Kayla...that's my girl. I hope Kelsie feels better soon. Caleb and Jamison had nasty colds recently...yuck. I love Carters!!! Family does suck and I agree with you that they should have invited you regardless...sigh. Enjoy tomorrow!!

Unknown said...

I always gain a pound or two when it's getting close to that time of the month. Maybe it's just that. And I don't live near family for that very reason. I like them so much better when I don't see them often.