Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rearranging – The Master Bedroom

I have some major ADD when it comes to furniture placement, I always have.  I used to rearrange my own bedroom furniture growing up, all hours of the night.  Literally.  I can recall several after midnight occasions where I was sliding the bed across the floor and hooking my tv back up.  So I should have known then what I’d be in store for later. :-)
Our master bedroom is on the small side, there are only two walls that the bed can go and it’s usually always under the window.  Which being under the window is no big deal, when you can center it.  But you see we can only center our bed under one window.  The other one, the wall is too small and it won’t yield enough room to walk between the end of the bed and the dresser.  {told you. it’s small}
Anyways.  I mentioned to Zack a couple of weeks ago that it was time to rearrange the bedroom again because I was sick of looking at it.  He said that he would help just let him know.  However, we know me better than that.  I am impatient.  I can’t wait until one afternoon when he’s home from work or better yet a weekend when he’s here.  Nope, I did it all by myself because I can. 
Here is the before arrangement.
july 2010 015 july 2010 014
july 2010 016
And yes..yes there is a shirt on the floor and clothes on top of the chest of drawers.  Why?  Because I didn’t do anything at all before showing ya’ll.  After all if I can’t show y’all my real side what’s the point!
And the after.
july 2010 017
I brought the directors chair out of the den into our bedroom.  Oh and yes, we are “those tv in the bedroom people”.  Sorry, but I can’t get rid of it.  Why?  Because who knows when I might want to watch some tv from my bed.
july 2010 018
I moved the bed to the other wall…the one that I can’t center it beneath the window…However I think that’s ok.  I used to not be ok with that, but it really is ok. :-)
And I am so much happier now.  I brought my lap top in the bedroom so that I can write my blog posts and reviews in the quietness without the kids.  Which just means less time being spent online, which is great!
So how often do you rearrange your furniture?  Do you have one room that you just keep moving around and can’t get it settled?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I like the redo! We move our rooms around often, but we can't move our living room at all because of how it's set up. I love the freshness that moving furniture gives. I think we're getting ready to change Caleb's room around.