Friday, March 19, 2010

I Saved More than I Spent!

Woot Woot!  I literally wanted to squeal when I was in Publix shopping yesterday for my little list of items. 
I picked up everything on my list and used all my coupons that I had printed.  Remember this was just printable coupons.  I have yet to buy a paper, I will do that this Sunday though, for sure.  I actually made Zack happy because everything I bought we eat.  Which when I first started wanting to use coupons a few years ago, nothing seemed to be a good deal on what we actually ate.  But that was because I had NO idea what I was doing! {thanks to Leigh Ann now I do!}
Anyways.  I was on my last little bit picking up the lasagna which is on sale for $3.99 at Publix and is a deal in itself because those things are normally $7.09!  The guy tried to get me to buy another one, but the last time I ate one of those lasagnas there was a coupon inside the box on the flap or something for like $1.00 off, so I am crossing my fingers I’m right and if so I’ll go and get another one and only spend $2.99!  {crossing fingers, please oh please!!}
Anywho…Here is what I all I got….
March 2010 002 
And here is my receipt!
 March 2010 006
Yep, I saved more than I spent!  Oh my goodness, it’s exciting!  And we won’t have to buy cereal until it goes on sale again! 
If you look, you’ll notice that I saved $38.88 in store savings with their sales and then I used $14.50 in coupons.  So without the coupons I would have still had a great deal, but why not save as much as possible!
I did go to Target but our store just didn’t have everything that I had coupons for, so instead since we needed the items I had to purchase without them.  I did save $8.19 there, but it wasn’t what I was hoping for.  But then again, I guess that is $8.19 in my pocket.
Kmart had an awesome deal going on.  A coupon for $10 off $20 or more, including sales.  Well, we needed toilet paper and therefore ended up there and bought 3 packs of Charmin 12 pk double rolls {$7.49 on sale}  plus a bottle of Dawn dish washing detergent and spent $19 something after the coupon.  I lost the receipt.  However, we saved like $16.00!
We still have to finish doing our shopping tonight at Walmart and Sam’s.  However, I have coupons for Walmart too.  : )
This is just the beginning.  I am counting down getting my newspaper Sunday and starting a system. 

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Whoot, whoot!!! How exciting. Give yourself a high five for me because that is amazing news!

Rambling Girl said...

great job...I gotta read all the ins and outs to what you posted on the previous blog post.

Amanda said...

Um....I'm gonna have to start doing that!

Stephanie said...

Way to go! I must warn you using coupons is addictive!

Wendy said...

YAY! Way to go!

Leigh Ann said...

I am so impressed!!! I can't believe how quickly you are "upside down" by saving more than you spent on your receipt. That is fantastic!!!
You're gonna do great at this :)