Friday, January 29, 2010

No More Rings – Ceramic Tile Coasters

We were SO lucky to have a great coffee table and end table set from Rooms to Go that we purchased a few years ago.  This set was so wonderful that you could sit down your drinking glasses or coffee cups and them not leave a ring.  That is lucky…because of all the times we had company hardly any ever ask for a coaster.

Well we began to notice over the past several months that rings are beginning to appear.  Not so lucky anymore.  I have always dusted using Pledge or the new Febreeze stuff, so what gives!?  Well, I guess the natural finish is beginning to wear off. 

Well, I have seen these tile coasters all over the place and I knew that I wanted to make some myself.  First off they are easy, cheap and you can really personalize them from monograms to whatever pattern you can get your hands on and even personal photos!  Well me being a southern gal and in love with monograms…I knew what I wanted.

january 2010 002

So we set out to Lowes and picked up some cheap tiles and felt pads.  I came home and printed out a few cute scripty font monograms and used my exzacto knife to cut them out, traced and painted…After a layer of mod podge or two they are ready to use! 

No more rings!

The kids even made their own as well.

january 2010 003

january 2010 012

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Those are so cute! I'll be sure to ask for a coaster if I come over.

Tracy Bentley said...

great idea. my cubicle freind and I made these for all of our office mates a few years ago for Christmas. Everyone loved them and still use them.

The Un-Nester said...

Cuuuuuute! I love it! What a fun craft for everyone to do. I LOVE it :)

Courtney said...

These are cute! I am planning to make some of these myself this weekend! So cute :)

Beth in NC said...

Cute idea! I hope you enjoy them. :o)

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great idea. I love that the girls designed the coasters.
Have a great weekend!

Heatherlyn said...

That is a REALLY good idea. You could even have the kids paint different ones for different holidays and seasons. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute Cute!! I love how the girls made their own;)
Sweet~

momof3girls said...

what a fun project!