Thursday, May 7, 2009

What’s For Dinner Thursday

For dinner tonight we are having something that isn’t a recipe of my own.  Nope, can’t claim it!  I saw it on Our Best Bites blog a week or so ago. 
So what’s for dinner?
Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
011
What will you need?
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
8oz bacon
1 large can pineapple chunks
Teriyaki sauce
Kebab skewers
How to put it together….
Cut your chicken into chunks and open up your bacon and pineapple. 
Start skewering….pineapple, bacon wrapped chicken, pineapple…so on.
Pour your sauce on top of your skewers, turning and coating.  Refrigerate about 4 to 6 hours.  Make sure you reserve some of the sauce for when your grilling!
Heat up the grill and start grilling!  Rotate the skewers as needed and baste with the reserved sauce.  It took about 10 minutes to cook these thoroughly. 
We served this with a side salad Lime Cilantro Rice!
Lime Cilantro Rice
1 cup cooked rice, hot
2 tbsp butter
Juice of one lime
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Stir together all ingredients and serve!
I hope that y’all share your recipes with Mr. Linky!  Grab a button on the sidebar to link back!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

My husband loves anything bacon wrapped, he would love these. I have to think of a recipe for next week. I must participate in this.

Georgia Girl said...

This sounds yummy Joanna! Gotta try this out myself...something new is what I need in my house. Thansk for doing this new linky thing so i can always come back for new ideas for dinner.

Darlene said...

YUMMY...I am hungry now!!!

Carry Grace said...

Yum! I'll be trying this soon.

Anonymous said...

Im gonna have to try this one! We eat tons of chicken but it all starts to taste the same. This one might be just what we are looking for~ Thanks for sharing this one~

Swamp Sisters: 77 Day Journey said...

This recipe looks awesome! Can't wait to try it!

Robin Beck said...

That all looks sooooo good! I'm going to try the rice right away. Because I can't eat gluten I eat ALOT of rice and I LOVE cilantro-It all looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Robin~♥

kimberly t. bowling said...

That whole plate looks DELICIOUS!!! Thanks for posting both recipes....must try soon!!!