Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Say a Little Prayer for Kelsie

I just heard back from the dr's office and the blood work turned back pretty normal. He did say that the rash that she has could be caused from the excessive force from throwing up. If things don't clear up within 48 to 72 hours he wants to see her back to possibly run further tests. So far Kelsie can't keep down her medicines. She has pretty much slept. (so unlike her, even when sick) She ate some Jello and wanted something else but I am holding out on giving her anything at the moment to see if she keeps it down. Thank you for your well wishes and prayers! I will hopefully be back to blogging and finishing up my projects soon. At the moment, I am taking the time to care for my littlest one.

This morning I woke up to the sound of Kelsie coughing and then she started throwing up. I went in to check on her and it was all mucous. Since she had been coughing we figured that is what triggered her throwing up. Well, we gave her some Dimetap and she came and got in the bed with me. By 9am she was throwing up again, this time all in my bed. She wasn't coughing like she had previously.

I changed the sheets and her clothes and we headed to the den. I checked her temp and noticed it was 101. I gave her some Motrin, turned the tv on for her and she dozed off. After about 20 minutes she awoke throwing up again. This time I noticed a rash (little pinpoint dots) on her face and she was breathing rapidly. I called Zack and work and told him I was going to call the dr's office. I called and they told us to be there by about 9:50. Zack came home to help me out since she was throwing up so much. We got there and sat of course for an hour or so. (I am going to be switching dr's soon, I think he has taken on way too many patients, always a super long wait) Anyways. By the time we got in to see him, she wasn't coughing so much and hadn't thrown up again, but her rash had started on her chest and was becoming more visible.

He listened to her and checked her all out, said that she had some sort of viral infection. (isn't that terms for I am not sure what's wrong?) Told us to keep giving her the Dimetap and to give her Motrin for the fever. Oh which by the way the Motrin hadn't touched it! It was still 100.3 at the dr's office. He also sent us to have blood work done and gave her a RX for Amoxacilian.

After waiting for an hour, Zack was mad, this isn't like him...Kelsie started throwing up in the waiting area trash can. She was miserable, burning up with fever and crying. They got her back and took her blood. In the car on the way home she threw up several times as well. We got home and Zack and I decided that I needed to call to see when the results would be back. So I called, no word, (didn't figure). I am to call this afternoon at 4:30 to check to see if they have them back. If not then I will find out first thing in the morning.

The dr said that he thought she might have a blood dis order because of the rash and some bruises that she had on her legs. He said that the bruises shouldn't be as bold as they were. I just figure it's because she's a clumsy little girl! She fell in HD the other night, then she fell coming in the door the other day. Both falls left pretty bad bruises, one on her shin the other on her knee.

Anyways. Please say a little prayer that the blood work comes back fine and in fact that it is nothing but a virus of sorts.


Kelli said...

You are in my prayers!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Prayers will be said!!! Bless her heart. Sounds like she needs a visit to the Er if the vomiting doesnt stop...poor baby. I hate when they make you sit forever when your little one is so sick,ugh. Hope all is well soon~

Darlene said...

I am so sorry that your little one is so sick. I will keep her in my prayers that it is just a virus and passes quickly. You always feel so helpless when your little ones are so miserable.

Lilith Silvermane said...

Awe honey.. I'm so sorry you all are going through this!

Please know that we are all thinking about her. I'll be checking back tonight to make sure she's alright!!

~hugs~ To ya'll and her, it's going to be a rough night, I'm sure she will be just fine.

Make sure her neck is alright, if it gets stiff or she can't move it, tell them immediately.

Warm Blessings and hugs!

Kristin said...

I hope she recovers quickly. That's a horrible experience for both kids & parents :(

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Just checking back on yall. Hope your evening is better. Will be thinking about all of you~

Kelli said...

Thanks for the update, I'm glad her test came back normal. I hope she feels better soon, she must really need the rest. Hang in there, I'll be thinking about you.