Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Am I the Only One?

I am so very pleased about today.  It is a mark in history.  I am so proud that I was able to vote and be a part of history.  I am thrilled that Kayla is old enough to completely understand about today.
Now, am I the only one that gets a little upset when the media keeps repeating the “first African American” President?  To me he isn’t black.  He’s just as much white as he is black.  He’s mixed.  So shouldn’t they be saying the first “mixed” President?  Either way it’s a huge step for America in the right direction.  He has opened the door way for the first black President one day.  But in reality he’s not it. 
I just really had to get that off my chest….Zack does not agree with me.  So, I figured this was my blog and I would express my feelings here. *smiles*

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I thought the same thing when I heard them refer to him as the First African American President. He is just as much white as he is black. I agree with you :)

Lisa said...

You hit it on the head for me, I have gotten so irritated about him only being referred to one way and *I* think that is how a lot of his voters think too.

I also thought it was so rude of the crowd to sing the "hey hey goodbye" lyrics when Bush was up. Regardless of whether a person agrees with him or not respect should always be shown for our President. Did anyone else catch that?