Thursday, December 11, 2008

Super Busy and Only 14 Days Until Christmas

I am up with the birds this morning.  I haven’t been up before 10am in the longest time.  Kelsie has always been a great sleeper but today we had to get on up so that we can get ready to eat lunch with Kayla.  It’s their annual Christmas dinner during lunch and all the parents are invited. 
I have gotten so much done in the short amount of time that I have been up.  I was able to clean the kitchen, fix breakfast, pick up the house (toys, clothes, folding blankets from last night).  It’s been great.  I may have to get up this early more often. *smiles*
Wow, did I write that right?  14 days??  Where did the time go?  I mean I really feel like last weekend was Thanksgiving!  And now we are planning Christmas dinner.  Which by the way, we have decided to go completely non traditional. 
Zack’s family will all be going out of state to celebrate Christmas so we are going our thing with them on the 21st.  We have decided to do kabobs.  We are going to do shrimp and some other meat, either chicken or steak, baked potatoes, garlic bread and traditional desserts. 
This is partly because we are going to have traditional ham on Christmas day.  My daddy is coming down, surprisingly.  Considering I haven’t spoken to him on the phone one time since that incident and can we just say that this visit though we are excited is going to be odd to say the least. 
I also have realized that I haven’t gotten Zack anything for Christmas, although he hasn’t told me anything to get him…And we have got to decide what else to get Kayla.  We were unable to find her a Nintendo Wii, and so her “dad” and his wife got her one.  It is on it’s way and I have not a clue what all she will need to go with it.  We want to be able to use it out of the box, so I have got to try and find out what it all comes with.  Sara (his wife) said that it has the sports pack?!?  Not sure what that includes. 
And I also have realized that I have not done 1 Christmas craft!!!  So, this weekend I vow (or maybe earlier) that the girls and I are going to do something.  I was thinking of making some snowflakes and hanging them from our chandelier over our dining room table. 
And I need to head to Hobby Lobby and pick up a couple of things….There was a thing or two that I so desperately wanted to do for Christmas.  So I must do those. 
One big hold up…Saturday I have a hair appointment…The girl that does my hair at Dillards is such a sweetie!  She was all booked up but I called and talked to her and she squeezed me in to get a trim…A stacked hair cut has to be cut once a month or it’s all shabby and I am sitting at shabby!  Zack’s Christmas party with this new company is Saturday night out at Bay Point and so I want to look my best. *smiles*
Goodness, I think that this is the most I have wrote in a long time.  I must run.  I have to call Kayla’s school and find out what time their lunch is and finish getting ready!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It is hard to believe it is only 5 days til Christmas! Sounds like you are very busy too!

Hope you have a great day,
diane

Darlene said...

Yep Christmas is coming at us full-speed! It is amazing what you can get accomplished early in the morning isn't it?!? My dogs usually wake me up sometime between 4 & 5 a.m. Many times I just stay up and don't go back to bed. Have fun at the luncheon and your hubby's party!

Lamp Tramp said...

It's almost coming too quickly. Hope you get everything finished that you planned on!
Lamp Tramp

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe Christmas is 14 days away! Thanksgiving was so late this year, it just pushed everything back. I am not ready for it to be over yet!
Carrie

Sherri said...

well,here it is about 10:20 am and of course you know me,I'm always up with the birds but not today...I got to "sleep in" until 9. But really,it wasn't completely sleeping in seeing as how I didn't get to bed until 5! Caroline decided to stay up all night and PLAY! I'm exhausted!

About the Sports pack,it's an 8 in 1 sports game with golf,racing,etc.Ours came with it and you know we've had our Wii for a year and Matthew and Josh still play it so it's stays interesting and fun.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I know it's just crazy how fast this month has gone..what happened?
-sandy toes