I’m all about chocolate and thick dense brownies with frosting. I’m also all about making excuses to have them for breakfast. Yes, I’m aware that is not the least bit healthy. However, you only live once, right? And who said that a brownie for breakfast every now and then isn’t ok? I rest my case. :-)
Anyways. Last night Zack and I had a very rare, never heard of night to ourselves. The girls spent the night over at Nana’s and we went crazy! We ate all the shellfish and coconut that we could get our fill of. Hence, the Mounds Brownies.
They were so easy to make, which was what I wanted since I didn’t even make them until 8pm. And I did modify the version that I found on Pinterest because I didn’t want a family size pan of these because I didn’t want them in the house when Kelsie comes home today. She can’t have them due to the tree nut and so I don’t want any trace that they were ever here.
What do you need?
- Your favorite brownie mix
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 small can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 can of your favorite chocolate frosting
What do you do?
- Prepare your brownie mix according to the directions and allow them to cool completely.
- Mix together your coconut and powdered sugar. Add in at least half the can of the condensed milk. You want to keep adding small amounts until the coconut mixture is moist. I didn’t use my whole can, probably had 1/4 left.
- Spread this mixture evenly on top of your brownies.
- Remove the lid and all the foil seal from your frosting. Microwave the frosting in 10 second intervals, stirring after every time. You want the frosting to be pourable.
- Pour the frosting evenly over the brownies, put into the fridge to set up.
- Slice and enjoy!
These are so yummy! Perfect for the Mounds candy bar lover, or for anybody looking for something a little more indulgent then the plain brownie. :-)