Sunday, March 30, 2014

Jim N’ Nick’s Sweet Cheesy Muffins

I ate at Jim N’ Nick’s Bbq the first time a couple of months ago when we made a trip over past Destin to a great little Zoo.  We were torn on where to eat.  It was either Cheeseburger in Paradise or Jim N’ Nick’s.  Bbq of course won.

The food was delicious, but the one thing that I didn’t ever want to leave behind was the muffins that they bring to the table for you to snack upon while you wait on your meal. 

I was on a mission to find that recipe!  As in the weekend after.  Lucky for me, there was a couple of different recipes floating around.  The thing that I then had to do was figure out which one was going to be the exact copy of that original.

Well, after a trial and error of a recipe that I found, I created the recipe.  The recipe with the perfect amount of cheese to sugar to muffin.  You’ll thank me after whipping up your very own Jim N’ Nick’s Sweet Cheesy Muffins yourself. :-)

jimnnickssweetcheesymuffins

What do you need?

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 4 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

What do you do?

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease your muffin tin very well.  I used a silicone one and didn’t grease it.  They popped right out.
  2. Mix together your flour, sugar, and baking powder.
  3. In a separate bowl combine your egg, butter, milk, and vanilla.  Mix well.
  4. Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and combine, but don’t over mix.
  5. Add your cheese and stir until combined.
  6. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and fill each muffin cup.
  7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  {mine was exactly 17 minutes}
  8. All to cool for about 5 minutes, pop out and enjoy with a little bit of butter or alone.

We serve these with a lot of things that I would normally make corn bread with.  And they would be yummy even for breakfast!

Enjoy!!

No comments: