Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Baked Zucchini Fries

One of the few vegetables that I will eat happens to be Zucchini.  I have been looking for ways to cook with it other than frying slices of it. {my personal favorite}  I was on Pinterest last week and ran across a recipe that was so easy, I had to try it. 

august 2012 040

What do you need?

  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Zucchini – I used 4 large ones
  • 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • Cooking Spray

What do you do?

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Mix together the bread crumbs and parm cheese.
  3. Line your baking sheet with foil {I do this for easy clean up, you don’t have too}.  Spray your pan or the foil with cooking spray.
  4. Wash or peel your zucchini. Cut the ends off and cut into long pieces. 
  5. Dip your zucchini into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture.
  6. Lay out on the baking sheet and spray again with the cooking spray. {this is to help with browning}
  7. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!  These would be delicious dipped in marinara sauce! :-)

This recipe was adapted from Jenna’s Journey.

No comments: