Thursday, June 14, 2012

U By Kotex Mom Ambassador

I was lucky enough get the opportunity to be a U By Kotex Mom Brand Ambassador {see the cute badge on my sidebar?!}.  This means a lot to me, considering the only two children I have, just so happen to be daughters!
I didn’t have the best experience when it came to having that talk with my mom.  It was fairly non-existent and I learned most of it all from my friends.  I don’t want my girls to have to learn the same way.
This month Kotex and Nickelodeon ParentsConnect launched a video by Aimee Teegarden, titled Get Real.  It’s a great little video to watch if your looking to have the talk with your daughter.  Aimee’s mom had the talk with her and she was well prepared.  She along with some of her friends helped another friend at a slumber party, who wasn’t lucky enough to have had the talk with her mom and wasn’t prepared when she started that night. I want to make sure that my girls are prepared. Aimee suggests pick a day to have the talk with your daughter.
The “period” talk has only begun with Kayla, she just turned 13.  She is lucky that she hasn’t started yet, because I wasn’t so fortunate, I started when I was 10.  I have sort of spoken to her on a couple of occasions because she has ask me about it.  I have yet to go to her because I have had such a hard time ever since day one with my periods.  I don’t want her to think that is all there is to it; pain, embarrassment and more pain. 
I am sure you have all heard of the Kotex brand.  It’s been around for generations!  I remember the time when my grandmother used to call pads, Kotex.  I for the longest time didn’t even realize that they had a different name.  However, what you may not have heard of is U By Kotex.  It’s geared towards the younger crowd.  With hot colors and discreet packaging it’s perfect for the tweens and teens that are on their period.  It makes their period seem more hip and cool, rather than dreadful and old lady like.  There is also a ton of information that you and your daughter may find helpful.
You’ll be hearing a lot of information over the next several months regarding having the talk with your daughter.  I hope that you learn a lot and I also hope that it helps when it comes time to having the talk with your daughter.
“I wrote this review while participating in a Brand Ambassador Campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of U by Kotex Tween and received products to facilitate my post and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

No comments: