Friday, May 25, 2012

A Broccoli Beef Recipe to die for! Well maybe not die, but it’s freaking spectacular and You Should Make it!

I have pinned SO many recipes on Pinterest that I need to create an “I’ve Eatten It” board.  This way I’ll remember what we’ve tried.  We have tried a lot of recipes from there and loved most of them.  I have really tried hard to comment on the recipes if we like them or if we didn’t and the reason why not.  I’m not always good at going through a hundred or so recipes to find the one we ate last night.  So anyways..I am rambling about nothing that really matters! 

So here is the broccoli beef recipe that I got from Pinterest that we have eatten a dozen times since I first made it.  It’s SO easy, SO tasty, and fairly good for you!  Especially if you double the broccoli, use reduced sodium soy sauce AND serve it over brown rice.  :)

march 2012 002

You will find this recipe at The Rainy Day Gal, here

Beef with Broccoli

This easy version of the Chinese takeout classic requires only a short marinade to make the beef fork-tender. Serve over white or brown rice. Serves 4.

Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour for marinade Cook Time: 8 minutes

First, marinate the meat:

  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips

1. Whisk together the baking soda, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Toss the steak with the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, then proceed below.

  • 1/2 c low-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp sherry
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 heads broccoli, crowns only

1. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, flour and sherry until smooth. Set aside.

2. In a large wok or saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering. Add broccoli and saute 3 minutes, stirring often. Transfer broccoli to a plate.

3. Carefully add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the hot pan. Add the marinated meat and half of the sauce mixture and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in the broccoli and remaining sauce. Saute 1 minute more. Serve.

**side note…I did not steal her recipe…I did copy and paste it, but I gave her complete credit! :-)  I didn’t even link it to Pinterest, so you’d have to click through, but I linked to her site!

No comments: