Tuesday, October 4, 2011

8 Years to Us!

Today Zack and I celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary.  However, we’ve been together for 10 years. 
august 2011 127
We used to go out to eat and celebrate or order take out and enjoy it after the kids are in bed.  This year it will be different.  We are eating sloppy joe’s {recipe tomorrow} and spending the evening with our kids.  We will watch Sons of Anarchy tonight at 9 and then the news at 10. 
I’m sure it sounds pretty boring and not the best way to share a wedding anniversary to some.  But, I disagree.  It’s the best way to spend our 8 years together because it’s not the “dates” that we get that make our marriage special, it’s the “everydays” that we get to spend together.  It’s the little moments that mean the most.  The hellos and good byes.  The I love yous before we head off for our day.  It’s the nightly hugs and snuggles on the couch while we watch our favorite tv shows together.  It’s the words from Kelsie “look at you love birds”, when she catches us hugging in the kitchen or hallway.  It’s those moments that make our marriage special.  So I suppose we celebrate it everyday.  Who says you need one day a year to celebrate the fact that your married to your best friend!  

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Amen sister! Happy anniversary to the both of you. Enjoy your evening together and your everydays :)

Kelli W said...

I hope you had a great day! Happy Anniversary!

The Un-Nester said...

Happy, happy anniversary! Geezzz I didn't realize it has been that long since y'all got together. I'm getting old :) You are right-everyday is a celebration!

Oh, and on your last post...I LOVE THE LION KING! And you are right JTT was the shiz back in the day :)