Monday, August 22, 2011

miscellany monday {evening}

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
After getting back to the groove of school and work mornings/days I am a little later than I wanted to be getting this up.  But better late than never. ;-)
~ Happy Birthday Kelsie!!  Kelsie turned 6 today.  We had her party and celebration yesterday.  She was very upset that she had to go to school on her birthday so we pretended that it was on Sunday.  {I have a whole post for this that I will post for her tomorrow}
august 2011 002
~ Today was the first day back to school for us.  Both girls had a great first day.  Kelsie’s day started out rough with tears but turned out to be the best ever.  She said it was better than kindergarten!  AND…she got the teacher that I wanted her to have.  {THANKFULLY!}  Kelsie’s a big first grader!  And Kayla is a big 7th grader!
august 2011 063
august 2011 062
~ I had a great day back.  Far better than I expected that’s for sure.  I pray that tomorrow is just as smooth.  ::praying hard::
~ I packed the girls’ lunches last year and this year I am doing it totally different.  I found this great site…well Flicker set that I want to share with y’all this week.  It might inspire y’all to change up your kids lunches or even give y’all ideas….OR y’all all might already be doing this stuff and I’m just late to jump on the wagon. :-p
~ I am trying something different this year with my house cleaning…laundry and dinners…I’ll be sharing that too! 
~ In case any of y’all missed it…I posted Kayla’s bedroom before and afters over the weekend.  Y’all can check out her bedroom makeover here.

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Glad to hear your first day went well!!

Anxious to see what you're going to try with your household routines. I always enjoy seeing what others do and getting tips! :o)

Paula@SweetPea said...

Glad you had a good first day back. I'm a teacher in VA and my kids came back last Monday. Most of the schools around here started today. When I was driving to work this morning I was relieved that one week is over and now my students are in a routine which makes life much easier.

I'm new to your blog and so happy to discover it. I found you through the nice comment you left on my guest post on Kelli's blog. I hope you'll keep visiting!

Kelli said...

Look my at girls. They are just growing up way too fast. I love Kayla in her contacts...she just looks so grown up. So glad Kelsie had such a fun birthday. I can't wait to read all of the posts you have coming up...I love ideas about packing school lunches.

Miller Racing Family said...

I am so thrilled that the first few days are going well. I was wondering how little Kelsie was doing. I can't wait to read about your lunch ideas. This is the first year of packing lunches so I have been looking for any ideas that will help us all not get tired of the lunches.
Blessings!