Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nickelodeon 90’s Shows and Cartoons on Teen Nick

I am a child of the 90’s.  I grew up watching Nickelodeon everyday.  I remember when Snick {Saturday Night Nick, for those who don’t know} first aired.  Those were the days.  Wholesome shows for kids, pre-teens, tweens, and teens.  I learned lessons from Clarissa Explains it All and what life would be like at Summer camp with Salute Your Shorts.  I learned what it would be like to work on a ranch with Hey Dude and even saw my first glimpse of scary shows with the Midnight Society on Are You Afraid of the Dark?. 
I wasn’t allowed to watch Saturday Night Live back then, but that was ok, because All That was a kid friendly version, complete with musical guests.  Then Keenan and Kel aired and I was so excited to see that Coolio rapped the intro.  This was when rap made sense.  Rap today consists of trashy crap.
I loved Saturday mornings because that meant that Rugrats {not All Grown Up} and Ren and Stimpy.  One of my favorite Nick Toons to this day is Doug.  I’m a little embarrassed to say but he was my first cartoon crush.  {don’t act like y’all didn’t have cartoon crushes back then}  image
Now after years and years of hoping, Teen Nick is now showing a block for those of us that grew up in the 90’s with Nickelodeon; The 90’s are All That.  It’s on weeknights 11pm – 1am central time.  Teen Nick is on our Comcast digital cable channel 116. 
I know that not only am I happy to see these 90’s Nick shows make a come back but so are my girls.  I bought the first season of Clarissa Explains it All from Amazon last year and Kayla fell in love! 
I am hoping that they start airing the 90’s shows during some daytime hours.  After all I don’t think anybody wants to watch 10 straight hours of Degrassi on Teen Nick! 

3 comments:

Nichole said...

I had heard that they starting airing those shows. We don't have Teen Nick tho so I can't watch :o(


PS - I tried to make cake balls today...they turned out ok but were harder to make than I though they'd be. Coating them was difficult and I ran out of coating before I was even half way through the balls. Disappointing!

Lori said...

haha this is so cute :) i was just talking about Ah! Real Monsters the other day. Please tell me you remember that show..

Nicole_Tee said...

I love that they started showing these old cartoons again even though they air so late at night. If they showed “Are You Afraid of the Dark?” I would DVR the lineup and then watch them on my iPad2 with my DISH Remote Access app while I’m on the train or on break during the day. I use the Sling Adapter I got from my job at DISH Network so that anywhere there’s Wi-Fi or mobile 3G network I can watch live TV or my DVR. It’s worth checking out just in case these shows never make it to an earlier time slot. Here are some details on how it works and how to get a free Sling Adapter from DISH. http://bit.ly/kbum9m