Monday, May 16, 2011

End of School Means No Time

As we are in our last week of school here and I have noticed that the house is falling apart at the seams.  Clothes are piling high. {I just folded a mountain taller than Kelsie!} Dishes are sitting in the sink and dishwasher.  Grocery lists are getting longer.  Summer schedules and menus are being planned out.  It’s just a busy time.  Not to mention the end of school year functions.  Kelsie graduates Kindergarten on Wednesday.  Kayla will be at our school on Friday for the talent show.  Then Kayla’s been spending the night at her friends the last couple of Friday nights and so I’ve had to play “big sister” to Kelsie too.  I don’t realize how much Kayla entertains her when I’m busy around the house. 

I have missed reading all the blogs on my sidebar.  I have missed Facebook. {yea, I said that!}  I have missed having everything fall into place the way they normally do. 

We have also been planning out our vacation to Indiana this Summer.  We were thinking of going the week of 4th of July but thinking that the closer to the end of July would be easier.  We’ll be most likely staying in a hotel due to the “tiff” in the Zack’s family right now.  There is no telling what all his mom has told his grandmother so we don’t want to feel weird staying with her.  There’s also so much we want to do while we’re there.  The children’s museum and possibly the zoo.  Plus we are going to meet up with Kelli and her family since we weren’t able to get together with them this past month when they were here.  The kids and then I was under the weather. 

I am really hoping that by next week that I am back to blogging daily {or at least almost}, I am reading my favorite blogs, working out {again}, and enjoying the Summer.

5 comments:

Beth in NC said...

I understand. I don't seem to have enough hours in a day myself!

Miller Racing Family said...

I totally understand. With the end of year for Donnie and Trey, the start of race season and the sign shop exploding, I haven't even had time for blogs. Though I am proud to say I have caught up a little bit today, oh how I feel so much better.
Blessings!

Kelli said...

Ooh, the Indianapolis zoo? I've been wanting to take the kids there. I can't wait to see you all this summer. If only there was a way for you to sneak us a key lime pie ;) Enjoy these last few days...the dishes will get done eventually.

Kelli W said...

We have been really busy too and I don't think it is going to stop until I pick the boys up on Friday!

Lori said...

glad to see you're back! :) love reading your updates!