Friday, February 18, 2011

Sunny Days, Sweeping the Clouds Away

I don’t know about where y’all are at, but our weather has been perfect the past few days.  Yesterday, highs were around 70 without a cloud in the sky. 

I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible because I know that it’s not going to last.  The heat of Summer will be here before we know it.  And although I am looking forward to spending the afternoons by the pool and weekends by the shore, I am not happy with the sweating that comes with our Summers here in the South.

Yesterday Kelsie and I went outside and she took advantage of the weather by riding her 4 wheeler.  I sat on the porch drinking a cup of coffee and savoring every last drop of the sun before it went behind the trees.

With this amazing weather we have plans this weekend in the yard.  We plan on trying to finish the privacy fence in the corner where we tore down the shed.  And get the ground prepared for the kids swing set. 

I’d also love to get the pool cleaned out, the new pump installed and start filling it up.  But if not, no stress, we still have plenty of time before pool weather.  {I hope!}

We only have 26 more days until we leave for Disney World!!  We have been sitting down making a list of what we need to take with us and what still needs to be done.  I realize I still have a post or two in my drafts that I need to get finished up and posted on Disney planning as well.  {need to add that to my to do list!}

With this being a 4 day weekend, we are also going to have movie night.  Haven’t had one in a while, so I’m pretty stoked.

I have got to do a major overhaul in Kelsie’s room this afternoon.  It’s a complete disaster!  She really has too much stuff for such a little room.  I’d love to switch her and Kayla’s rooms because Kayla’s room is bigger, however Kelsie isn’t thrilled about the idea.  Not sure why, she’d be closer to us.  :-)  If she caves, it won’t be something we do anytime soon.  It would be this Summer.  Too much going on right now.  I would like to bring her bed up some though so we can utilize the underneath for storage.  That would be a big help.  Hmmm.  Maybe that’s something we could try and get done this weekend.  We’ll see how far I get with the room this afternoon. 

I’ve got a pretty long day today.  The teacher I work with isn’t going to be there and she ask me if I’d sub the afternoon for her since I am technically still a sub in the system.  This is fine with me.  I am pretty excited.  There’s only 6 that stay after I leave anyways.  They eat lunch, take a nap, read a book, and then it’s pretty much time for them to go home. 

Wow, since I’m posting this the night before it will post on Friday, I should be heading to bed. My head is pounding!  Dang headaches!!

1 comment:

The Un-Nester said...

Glad yall are getting some amazing weather! We are able to enjoy it too - and I am soooo excited! I love this time of year and fall, too before the summer heat. It'll be in the 70's this weekend and I'm planning on soaking up some rays!!!!