Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Busy and Blessed

Wow, what a weekend!  First off, woo hoo, the Gators won their first game!!  Barely.  We sure do miss Tebow!! 

Kayla and I stayed home sick on Saturday while Zack and Kelsie went to his moms house for Ish’s first birthday.  We decided to clean after the Gators game went off.  We got the whole house cleaned in about an hour and a half.  I am so thankful that she is old enough to help clean house, up to my standards.  I washed all the clothes and Zack and I folded them yesterday morning.

Sunday was such a busy day.  We went grocery shopping and to Target.  I am so blessed.  This was our first grocery shopping that I didn’t fear what we were spending.  Every other week for the longest time I would sit and stress over grocery shopping.  This time, with my pay check, I didn’t have too.  I was able to plan out a menu for two weeks with snacks and extras.  It was so nice.  I am VERY thankful. 

Monday, we went shopping.  I knew that there were going to be big sales today, so I took advantage.  Kelsie and Kayla both needed long sleeve shirts for the fall and winter.  Unfortunately I was only able to get Kelsie all squared away.  I will have to shop for Kayla later, but thankfully we won’t have any cool weather for a while.

I studied off and on all weekend long as well.  I go this week to take the Para test.  I have been studying and studying, taking practice test after practice test.  You really lose math when you don’t use it.  And most of the math on this test, we don’t use daily.  But I’m not worried.  Zack is a math wiz and he has been tutoring me on those that I need help with.  A big thanks to Zack!!

We watched Cirque Du Freak The Vampires Assistant this past weekend as well.  We’ve had it on Netflix for a while now and it had finally come up to see.  It was pretty good.  Kayla got so into it that when we went shopping yesterday, she bought the 3rd book.  There are 10 in all, so she’s got a lot more buying and reading to do. :-)  Love it!  She is spending her birthday money on books.  I would have NEVER done that!  This is the 2nd book she’s purchased in the past week.  I am so thankful that she loves to read.

Not sure if I’ve already said this or not but she received a letter from the Senator last week congratulating her on her academic accomplishments.  She was among the top performing students in Reading on the FCAT, taken last Spring.  That makes me SO happy!! 

Not sure what all this week holds, besides taking a major test. 

I hope everyone has a great week!! 

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Look at your busy weekend. I love that Kayla spent her birthday money on books...what a jewel. AND a letter from the Senator...NICE!!!