Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday

 

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
  • Friday we went to the library…Didn’t find what I was looking for but still came out with two books to read.  Read one of them over the weekend.  Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Cruise.  Really good book!  Will def be picking up her others.
  • Spent Saturday afternoon like tourists at Pier Park.  Had a lot of fun and great food with some friends at Reggae J’s.  Then we walked around, went in and out of the shops to cool off, ate Hawaiian shaved ice, drank milk shakes, the kids rode the carousal and then we caught the fireworks show.
  • Sunday we spent the entire afternoon in the pool.  It’s too hot to be outside unless your body is submerged in water, somewhere. 
  • Watched The Blind Side and thought about adopting a child.  Not necessarily a kid from the projects that could possibly make us rich by playing a professional sport.  But just a child that needed somebody to love and a family to take care of them.  Then I snapped back to reality.  We would never be approved to adopt a child.  Our house nor our car is big enough, and neither is our income and that is what they look at when you adopt.  Thinking about it, they might want to take away our children because they may wonder how we might be making it! {kidding)
  • Wondering about the upcoming week.  I have so much I’d like to get done.  Mainly I’d like to rearrange the master bedroom.  I’ll take pictures of that one!
  • Oh and now I’m realizing I should have taken photos from the weekend.  Ok..this week I’ll use my camera more! :-)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend. What's the book that you're reading about? It's pretty hot here too so we've been inside and now it's going to rain all week. My sister is adopted and I think that is so sweet you would do that. I'm sure you'd be approved...you just a ball of love!

The Un-Nester said...

Awww I love the Blind Side. It does pull heartstrings. Adopting would be sweet, but a very serious commitment no doubt! Glad you found a good book to read. I love to get into a good one. Its a nice past-time! Def take pics! I'm terrible about pulling the camera out! But, its nice to have memories captured!