Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies {52 Cookies in a Year}

I have loved oatmeal raisin cookies for as long as I can remember.  There is just something so nostalgic about them. 

september 2009 002

What will you need?

  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup raisins

What do you do?

  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.  In large bowl, beat all ingredients together except oats, flour and raisins with mixer.  Stir in oats, flour and raisins.
  2. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.

Link up and share your cookie recipes! 

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I have to try these because when I've made them before they are too dry.

Thena said...

Make my mouth water. I remember a lady we rented from years ago made these the day after Christmas. Invited us over and had them with hot chocolate. YUM!!!!

April Pantall said...

Wow - these look scrumpscious. I can't wait to try them on a rainy fall day :)

The imPerfect Housewife said...

I just LOVE oatmeal raisin cookies - it's like the health food of cookies!! ha ha Seriously, these look great - thanks!! ☺

Anonymous said...

I love those cookies....yum~

Heatherlyn said...

I love a good oatmeal raisin cookie!