Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cinnamon Bars {52 Cookies in a Year – Week 8}

Ok…So the cookies have seized to exist around here.  The kids are actually tired of them!  What?  Yep, they are tired of them..So I have got to get to baking something else for all y’all out there.  So we are going to brownies and bars next.

This was easy to make and tastes so yummy!  Reminds me of fall while baking too because of the cinnamon.

september 2009 032

What will you need?

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup butter(softened)
  • 1 egg, separated
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped mixed nuts

What do you do?

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease bottom and sides of 15X10X1 inch pan.  In large bowl, mix together sugar, egg yolk and butter.  Stir in flour and cinnamon. {I always bake bars and brownies in a greased foil lined pan for easy removal}
  2. Press into pan. 
  3. Beat egg white and water until foamy.  Brush over dough.  Sprinkle with nuts.
  4. Bake for 18 to 23 mins or until light brown.  Cut bars immediately and leave in pan.  Cool on rack at least 30 minutes.

Link up and share you recipes…Doesn’t have to be cookies anymore..Got a great brownie recipe?  Share it with us!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Where do you find all of these great cookies?

Lyndsay said...

I love cinnamon! Can't wait to try these. Thanks

The imPerfect Housewife said...

Oh yum - I've never heard of these!! Can't wait to try them. OK, I'm off to post my recipe...

the undomesticated wife said...

You're killing me here... those look soooo good!

Thena said...

Another great recipe. I've gotten slack the last couple of weeks and haven't baked cookies. Been working on recipes to go with my giveaway. Or either making your white chocolate chip cookies. Have made them 3 times so far. YUM!!!!!

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

I shall be adding this one to the list in Oct. :-D

Cheryl B.
www,xanga.com/thehousethatlovebuilt