Monday, August 17, 2009

Studio M Creates ~ Sknobs

I heart this blogger big time!  I am so happy that we have crossed each others paths via the net.  She is not only an awesome lady, interior decorating chick and fabulous friend she is also a great artist! 
I am speaking of none other than Misti, from Studio M Designs!   Huh?  I said Studio M Creates?  Well that is her Etsy shop.  Her blog is Studio M Designs!
Okay, enough rambling, let me get on with it.  A couple of months ago Misti and I started talking about trading up sknobs for a new blog design.  Fabulous idea!
Wait, you don’t know what sknobs are?  You have got to be kidding me!  Sknobs are the cutest knobs that have been hand painted by Misti.  She can create anything on these knobs and they come in various sizes.  Don’t need a new knob, do what I did.  Put them in a bowl or vase and decorate!
image
So are you wanting to see what I got?  Well, I chose to do the design of my sknobs in zebra.  This is because my living room/dining room has little touches of zebra print.  They are now sitting on the center of my table in the dining room. 
august 2009 008
august 2009 011
The best part is they look like glass!  You know those decorating balls that you buy, well have your own created for you!  You can not even see the hole where the “knob” look is. 
She can paint just about anything on these….I am telling you!  I have already thought ahead about it and I am going to order knobs for Kelsie’s dresser with pictures of clothing on them to help her put her things away!   The possibilities are endless.

4 comments:

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey Joanna-Glad you like the Sknobs! They look great there on the table. I bet they would stand out EVEN more if you added a little green moss at the bottom of the jar... Weird, but cool!

Glad I got to paint some for you. They really are so much fun coming up with new designs. These are my first zebras!

Have an awesome day!
~Misti

Heatherlyn said...

clever and super cute!!!

Darlene said...

Those are ADORABLE!!! Love the zebra sknobs!!

The imPerfect Housewife said...

OK, so how cute are those!!!??? I went to her Etsy shop and marked it in my favorites. What a neat idea - I never would've thought of that. Your dining room looks fab! Have a great week and see you tomorrow for 52 cookies in a year, right!?? ♥