Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Black and White Cookies {52 Cookies in a Year}

 

 Black & White CookiesAugust 2009 013

What will you need?

1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (4oz) white chocolate bars, chopped

What do you do?

  1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.  In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with mixer until creamy.  Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Stir in white chocolate.
  2. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet by 1/4 cup fulls.  (2 inches apart)
  3. Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until cookies are set and appear dry.  Cool one minute on cookie sheet before moving to cooling rack.

August 2009 014

Don’t laugh at my cookie jar, if y’all want to send me one I’ll have no problems with that! *smiles*

These cookies were really tasty but they had the consistency of brownies and not cookies.  So they weren’t what I was looking for at all!  Needless to say we still ate them up!

I will have Mr. Linky up next Tuesday for 52 Cookies in a Year.  So have your cookie recipes ready to link up!  I have a few pre planned to bake over the next few weeks but I will need all the recipes that I can get to make it to 52! *smiles*

9 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Yum. I sure am hungry!

Terry said...

Not sure how to link up - I'm ready to go with my recipe!

Kelli said...

Those look tasty. I'm so excited to see all the cookies you make.

Robin Beck said...

Yummers! A cookie and a brownie all in one...Seriously how can you go wrong? :)

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

Oh... those look FANTASTIC!

I have your button up on my blog and I'm gonna Facebook your post!

Very yummo!!

Anonymous said...

Now just how are you staying so skinny with all these goodies you make. Whats the secret?

The imPerfect Housewife said...

I had no idea this was something we could sign up for - I'M THERE!! I'll be back next Tuesday (OK, I'm sure before that, too) to sign up and DEFINITELY take part!! This is so fun I can't stand it! I just made two different kinds of cookies this weekend - oink! I'll grab the button for it now so I remember!

Nichole said...

I'm excited to see all the cookies that you come up with! I'll definately join in when I make cookies :o)

Heatherlyn said...

I think I would like cookies with a brownie consistency. :)