Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What Can You Do with Cork and Old Keys?

An awesome craft project that’s what!

The keys belonged to my granddaddy.  He was a dog breeder (Beagles) he used them as hunting dogs.  These keys belonged to his dog pins that he had outside. 

These keys hold a special place in my heart and instead of them sitting in a drawer somewhere I decided to display them.

1 8X10 picture frame

white paint

8X10 roll of cork

glue

I painted the frame and then glued the cork down to the card board backing of the frame.  Once the cork dried (a couple of hours) I glued the keys down…waaalah!  Instant art!

June 2009 025

The keys hung on the ring that is now in the center.  I am not sure what the smallest key was too but it was on the ring so I am sure it has something to do with his dogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome project. Thank you for sharing this because I have some very old and special keys of my own. Im sure your Grandaddy would be so proud!

Georgia Girl said...

I love this idea...It doesn't have to be skelton keys ...just anything that has a meaning to you will mean more than you will ever know...

Oh yeah sorry I forgot to come by and tell you Happy Birthday yesterday..I saw it on your FB Sunday and was going to go there but my dang puter was acting up last night and I could not post anything. So one day late hope it was a great one!