Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Craft Project with Planters Peanut Jar

We love to eat peanuts around our house!  And our favorite would definitely be Planters.  Well, with all those jars that we were throwing out, I decided to hang on to the last one that we had. 
I felt crafty one day, pulled out that jar and gave it a coat of spray paint (white), added a little twine and came up with this…
June 2009 031
This is a little shelf above the computer desk in our den.  I am not sure what to add to it yet, I was thinking flowers…we shall see!  But until then I think that I will make lot’s more of these because I really like the organic feel that I get from seeing it.
By the way…that picture was my parents back in the day…like early 80’s days!

4 comments:

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I like it Joanna! There is a bag of burlap around here, I could see me covering one in burlap and wrapping jute twine around the top to hold it together. Now you have my mind working this early in the morning! It's amazing the things I get done now that I am kicked off of Facebook! LOL! I will start a new account soon. Just trying to see how long I can hold out.

~Misti

Georgia Girl said...

What a great idea...we have several of them here at work...I usually buy them for the boss when I go to Wallyworld for the office...so now I am gonna get some and do this...will share...I can see a pretty fall one and a green apple one also.......I will be sure to share...

Oh and the pic of your parents...how sweet I love sharing old pics of family also...check back later this afternoon cause I have a post schedule to come out after 4.

Now the little majorette...tell me where you got this...My mom was one and she wore the same outfit...I would love to get one for her...it is so adorable...never seen one like this...

Darlene said...

That turned out cute! I think flowers would look great in it!

Anonymous said...

Look at you lil Miss crafty! Love it...
How are the house plans coming? I dont know if I commented ya about it or not but I love the picture you showed us a while back....Beautiful!