Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Have You Ever Noticed….

I hate waking up on the wrong side of the bed….Yesterday was one of those days.  I got up and didn’t really want to get up..But life just sorta happens that way and you have to get up.
I made the girls breakfast…..Made a mess with grease…That was reason number 1 to head back to bed.
I started laundry…seeing that monster should have been cue number 2 to head back to bed.
I started printing off pictures to go in my new picture frames I received for Christmas…The paper got jammed more than once and I wasted a lot of ink….Reason number 3, I should have went back to bed.
Dinner last night was late because I forgot that it was a “normal” day with Zack being at work…Since he has been home since Christmas Eve we just did dinner whenever…That on top of the kitchen being a mess before starting dinner, pushing time even later…well that was number 4 reasons of needing to go back to bed.
Putting those clothes away…Well, after all 5 loads got finished….Around 8 last night I had to put them all away…I usually dump them all in the living room and fold while watching tv….I went to pick up a stack of Kelsie and Kayla’s clothes and they all fell right in the middle of the hall way!  I should have just went on to bed early….Reason number 5!
Of course on top of all these little hiccups yesterday I was frustrated..Don’t you just hate days like that?  And so Zack and I fussed at one another about little things that don’t amount to a hill of peas!
What do you do on days like this?  Do you just go back to bed?
I am going to start taking a time out…Going to my room and just sitting and thinking about what happened and why they did…It’s not really because I got up on the wrong side of the bed…Or is it?

8 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

Yea, we all have those days sometimes. I don't go back to bed, if I've made it but I will nap later in the day which makes me feel good. The best thing I do is to exercise, walk, garden, ride the eliptical or my bike. That always makes me feel better. Hope your days get better, hang in there...it's just the ups and downs of life.
I left you something!

Robin Beck said...

For someone that got up on the wrong side of the bed you accomplished more then most do in a week!
We all have those days and most the time I just keep keepin on like you did...Every once in a while I will take a little nap and when I wake up the World ususally looks a lot better!
If it'a a really bad day - I head to my closet and pray!
Hope your week is looking up!
Robin~♥

Darlene said...

I agree with Robin....it sounds like a bad day but you sure got a bunch accomplished!

Shannon said...

I have days like this too! Usually a little retail therapy helps. :)

Georgia Girl said...

Oh girl I have those kind of days also...wish I could go back to bed and maybe start over but reality checks in and I have to get to work and just make it through the day. Hope tomorrow is better day for you!

Sherri said...

I've been having one of those days all week with another full day of jury duty under my belt and yet another one tomorrow...we will probably be wrapping up tomorrow...let's just hope so.I'm tired of hearing 5 (yes,I said 5) lawyers arguing!

Jessica said...

I hate days like that! I think the little time out session may help. Im going to have to try that. When I have days like that things always seem worse then what they really are. So maybe a few minutes of quiet time alone will help get things back into perspective :)

Amanda said...

OMG what I would give to be able to just go back to bed! Lord have mercy - not reality though. I just drink more coffee, squeeze the middle-upper part of my nose, bow my head, take in deep breaths, and hide in the work bathroom to get a break lol.

Hope your days get better! Keep focused and be sure to take in some 'YOU' time!