Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This Southern Girl is...Well Confused ~ Laws Banning Low Sagging Pants!

As I logged online this morning I was excited to post my Halloween crafts that were promised to y'all. But after checking my mail and coming back to Yahoo's home page, I couldn't rest until I got something off my chest.

This was there. A Miami law banning saggy pants. A person can face jail time or community service and a fine if they are caught with their under wear showing. While I find this very unjust, I do want to point out that I do not like seeing the boy's underwear either. I see young guys here in my town all around with their pants so low that their behind is hanging over the top band in the back. The only thing keeping the young man's butt making an appearance and mooning us all is his underwear (more times then not, boxers). I do not like seeing this by any means, but I do not think that a law is worth my tax money. There are more important things in society that our law makers and judges need to worry about.

Upon further review, there is a similar law in one town in LA, where the offender can spend up to 6 months in jail! I am baffled at this thought. And you have bigger US cities considering something similar. Watch out Dallas Texas and Atlanta Georgia, the fashion police are headed your way, literally!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

I can't stand seeing underwear hanging out like that with your pants looking like they are going to fall off but a LAW?!?! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

I cant stand kids when they do that! Buttt (no pun intended)hehe.. they have rights too I guess. As long as their booties are covered with something. I cant wait till that stage goes out of style!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I would be glad not to have to look at the saggy pants...but not sure about a law. Bright side is, your eyes will thank you! Can't wait to see your Halloween craft!!
Carrie

Amanda said...

Ok Ok Ok. That is so ridiculous. I thought our jails were already full of people who really deserved to be there. One guy in the jail says to the other "I'm here for selling crack, what are you in for?"...."sagging" Get real.

Raffi Shahinian said...

I thought someone might enjoy my take on the subject.

Grace and Peace,
Raffi Shahinian