This is from my Top Secret Recipes cookbook. Do yourself a favor and get this book! We have made all the recipes that we usually get when going out, now we are venturing to things that we wouldn't get. This is from Applebee's.
2 cups water 2 tsp paprika
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp sugar 1 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp salt 1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp ground chipotle or 1 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
2 tsp hickory smoke flavoring
Mexi-Ranch Dipping Sauce -
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 tsp paprika pinch cayenne pepper
2 tbsp minced onion 1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp diced tomato 1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp buttermilk pinched dried dill weed
1 tbsp white vinegar pinch cumin
2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
1 tsp canned chopped mild chilies
Pico De Gallo -
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup diced red onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
2 tsps lime juice
2 tsps minced fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 large flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
4 cups shredded lettuce
1. Marinate chicken for 2 hours, any longer and it could become tough.
2. While the chicken is marinating mix up your dipping sauce and pic de gallo, refrigerate (this way the flavors will mix together)
3. Grill chicken for 5-7 minutes per side over medium heat. Or until they are no longer pink.
4. Cut your chicken into bite size pieces.
5. Heat a skillet over low heat and lay a tortilla in and place 1/2 cup of the combined cheeses on top.
6. When the cheese begins to melt, take the tortilla out of the skillet and add 1 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 tbsp of pico de gallo, and some chicken.
7. Fold the ends of the tortilla over the filling, then roll the tortilla from the bottom. Make a diaganol cut across the center of the roll-up and serve dish of the dipping sauce on the side.
*Repeat steps 5-7 until all ingredients are gone.
We had a few more then 4. Also I wanted to note that I didn't have cilantro, jalapenos, green chilies or the hickory smoke and it still turned out great!! It may look like a lot of ingredients but I bet you have all those things your in pantry! *smiles* And it was def quick and easy! Just the way I like um.