Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pancakes

I am a huge fan of all things pancakes.  I prefer pancakes over waffles any day of the week!  And pancakes could very well be a part of every meal and I would be happy.  Or maybe it’s the love of carbs and sweet sticky syrup.  Anyways…

I have been wanting to make pumpkin pancakes for a while now. I remembered seeing a recipe in my Semi Homemade cook book by Sandra Lee {love her!}.  And it was made using the “just add water mix”.  We made them and they were delicious. 

pumpkin pancake

What do you need?

  • 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix {we used Aunt Jemima}
  • 2/3 cup cold water
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin {not the pie one}
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ginger

What do you do?

  1. In a medium bowl whisk together all of your ingredients until just blended, don’t over mix.  You want it to be lumpy.
  2. Add a little bit of oil, or spray your skillet or griddle and heat it over medium heat.  Spoon 2 Tb of batter to form each pancake.  Cook about 2 minutes per side or until it’s all bubbly.  Turn the pancake over and cook 2 minutes longer. 

Top with your favorite butter and syrup then enjoy!

No comments: