Thursday, June 20, 2013

Spinach Chicken Provolone Pasta

There is a blog that I ran across one day on Pintrest and I think I pinned about no less than a hundred recipes from it.  This was the first one we tried out a couple of weeks ago from Mix and Math Mama and it won’t be the last! 
Delicious, quick, and easy.  If you don’t like Spinach, you could use Kale. If you don’t like Provolone, you could use another favorite cheese favorite.  However, I wouldn’t recommend Cheddar because of the grease factor.  And if you didn’t like pasta, well then you shouldn’t be here reading this because it’s a “pasta” recipe!
spinach chicken provolone pasta
What do you need?
  • 1 pound cooked shredded chicken. {M&M Mama has a great way to do this}
  • 1 pound pasta, I used Penne because I bought whole wheat. 
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 4 cloves of chopped garlic
  • 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce {we used Prego}
  • Spinach – Now the recipe called for frozen, but I had a bag of fresh on hand that I chopped up and used.
  • 1/3 pound provolone cheese {shredded or sliced}
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper
What do you do?
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  I had to do 350 though because my Rachel Ray Pan won’t go in an oven higher than that.  So mine took longer.
  2. Cook your pasta to al dente.
  3. In a large oven safe skillet heat a couple tablespoons of the olive oil over medium high heat.  Add your chopped onion and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent. 
  4. Stir in your shredded chicken, pasta sauce, and spinach…mix up well!
  5. Drain your pasta, toss with your chicken mixture and top with your provolone cheese.
  6. Bake about 15 to 20 mins if your going with 425 or 35 to 40 if your on 350 like me.
Remove from oven and serve with garlic bread and a salad!  Enjoy!!

No comments: