Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Plan…Make 1 New Snack/Meal/Drink/B’fast/food item from Pinterest a Week!

If you follow me on Pinterest then you know I have um 5000 and something things pinned. Yea, I pretty much don’t have a life. ;-) Well, I do, but apparently I find the time to clean house, do what I want, workout, work, and whatever else, plus find the time to play on Pinterest. Anyways…

I have pinned SO many food/drink items that it’s pretty pathetic. I am addicted to food..it’s the first step right? Admitting your addiction? Well any who. I set out to make new things that I’ve found, only to pin more new things before having the chance to make the item I had in my mind. And so repeats the horrible cycle or pin, pin, pin, make plan to make something, pin, pin, forget said item, pin, pin, make plan to make something, pin pin…ahhh forgetaboutit. You get the idea!

Well I have decided that while I have all this time this Summer to do nothing that I have plenty of time to create at least 1 new item {food related} a week. We get to try out new things. We get to find out if we like it or if it will be fed to the dog outside. And we get to find out if it’s like that soup I made once. The pumpkin soup that taste like a butthole smells. Yes, for real. I am not kidding. That story is for another day. Maybe I should share it. It being from 3 years ago, it’s still a very memorable moment that gets brought up every.single.time. I make something new. Zack will always ask, “it’s not gonna be like that soup that one time, tasting like a butthole smells?”. Bwahaha. My analogy y’all, not his! Ha!

So here are a few things that I will try out this Summer, without any doubt. And since I’m posting them here, all that pinning I’ll do between now and the time I make them, I hopefully {fingers crossed} won’t forget. ;-)

- Bobby’s Lighter Apply Pies {would love to do these for the 4th} Nothing more American than apple pie!

Pinned Image

- 60 calorie creamy fudgesicles {bought the popsicle molds, no excuses!}

Pinned Image

- Oriental noodle salad

Pinned Image

- Soda pop ice cream {have the ice cream maker and always have the stuff it calls for on hand, except the sodas}

Pinned Image

- DIY Sno Cone Syrup {have a Ninja and make sno cones all the time, no excuses!}

Pinned Image

- Watermelon frosty {Just freaking yum!}

Pinned Image

No comments: